Welcome to Lori's Blog

Welcome to Lori's Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Last Post Technology

My view and understanding of the tools available has increased dramatically.  The Wiki - although I am far from proficient, can be a great in class tool as well as a place for internet workshops and a good classroom project tool.

The smart board is great.  Generally, this was a very important class for me as I was not aware of a great deal of the tools.  Some tools I don't see as applicable for special education Response to intervention.  However, we have not yet had instruction on lesson planning and have not yet worked with students in the classroom.  Our internship starts Monday.

Quality and appropriate material.  I think we have had blog chats about the frustration most of us experienced as this class is like trying to take a sip of water out of a firehose.

I offer the following suggestion female to female.  One of the things that would really decrease frustration would be for you to consider the Gradual Release Method of student learning

Process  You do, We watch, You do-we help- we do it you help then we do it.

What seemed to be happening was the first part and limited use of the second phase.

For must of us practice is helpful in terms of learning and retention.  One suggestion would be to have you demonstrate the tool and then have two assignments to do in class.  This would help the student and you evaluate the state of knowledge acquired.

3.  Moving Forward.  The last three projects were helpful from a trial and error perspective.  I will really need to spend a great deal of time with smartboard and wiki spaces.  At least I know now what is still really difficult for me.  My goal is to get proficient so that my classroom will have a teacher that teaches in a meaningful way which engages them to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment